I am proud to support the Cristian Rivera Foundation in their efforts to find a cure for DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma).
Please read below to learn about the foundation, how you can help and visit their website to donate or even view past events at their gallery. Below are two wonderful videos about the foundation’s cause and their past gala.
What is DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma)?
DIPG is a Rare, Inoperable Brain Stem Tumor that predominantly affects children between 2 & 10 years of age. Approximately 200 cases are discovered in the United States annually. The average life expectancy after diagnosis is 3 to 18 months. Up until 4 years ago, DIPG was a death sentence; Now there is Hope….
Who is The Cristian Rivera Foundation?
The Cristian Rivera Foundation, is a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Organization, that works tirelessly, to raise awareness and support DIPG clinical researcher. Our small organization has made large contributions to the DIPG medical community. The Cristian Rivera Foundation has supported some of the top research programs and Neurological surgeons, including the clinical trials of Dr. Mark Souweidane of Weill Cornell Medical Center – Memorial Sloane Ketting Cancer Center and Dr. Oren Becher of Northwestern University. The work of both doctors has been recognized globally for their innovation and groundbreaking progress of treating DIPG. The respective Doctors are conducting promising research and trails that have shown promising results. Two clinical trial candidates are heading into their 5th year of life with DIPG with no signs of tumor growth. This is a monumental step in getting in curing this disease. We are close to eradicating DIPG but we need your help.
How you Can Help
- Make a tax deductible contribution to help fund Clinical research.
- Support the various, and FUN, events that the Cristian Rivera Foundation host and coordinate throughout the year.
- Involve your company and help the Cristian Rivera Foundation get closer to a cure through sponsorship or charitable matching funds. (Your Human Resources Director can advise you on how to participate)
- Visit CristianRiveraFoundation.org and see the amazing work we have done in supporting DIPG research and provided support for families impacted by this disease.
- Share the information with your friends, family and coworkers through social media. Awareness is so valuable.
- Show your support of the Cristian Rivera Foundation’s mission by purchasing a wristband or T-Shirt at cristianriverafoundation.org/shop.html.
Imagine having the distinction of saying “I helped cure a rare form of Brain Cancer”. That statement is not far off, you may be the difference in helping our children.
To Learn more about the Cristian Rivera Foundation or to make a Donation, visit cristianriverafoundation.org